Followers

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Catch up



hello, its been along time



Its been a while since I posted and I'd like to say I've been so busy that I haven't sat in front of the computer in a looong time but this wouldn't be true. I did sit in front of the computer to do my tax return, to do some shopping but thinking of what to write for the next blog took time. I go through phases where I find thinking of new ideas so hard and I start doubting myself and over thinking everything. Writing is not a skill that comes easily to me.

So what have I been up to? crocheting a lot. I have started and finished my CAL from scheepjies and to be honest I loved making it but I was not over keen on the finished result. I found it stiff and heavy and not an item I
would wear.


I've designed a few new items that I need to type up the patterns for. I've started volunteering for Young epilepsy and I am teaching an art class soon at a YE event. Having never taught art before I'm looking forward to the challenge and hoping I have nice bunch of students which will make the process easier.

I won an Instagram competition where I won 4 balls of the softest wool I've ever worked with. they are cream in colour and have bright speckles. I brought some blue wool and together I used them to make some cushion covers for my newly decorated bedroom.

The first one I made looks a little stretched and when sewing it together I thought oh it will be ok cushions are better puffed up. well, this is not the case. it looks like I've stuffed a cushion that is too big for the case. It doesn't look bad but not as good as the idea was in my head. so the next one I've made bigger. Its a much better fitting.

Now I'm looking back at everything I have done over the past two months I can see I have actually been busy, isn't it strange that you think you've not accomplished much but  in fact you've been very productive. feeling much better about the amount of Netflix I've watched and how many podcasts I've listened too.

hopefully your lives are as busy as mine :)



No comments:

Post a Comment