Followers

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Today's the day


Todays the day!!




Today marks the first day in which I am switching careers, from illustrator to (dare I say it out loud?) Designer. I am a self taught crocheter and have been designing my own patterns for a while. There came a time when my love of crochet and everything that comes with that, from the yarn to designing the patterns was more than just a hobby.  




Why crochet? I hear you ask (or was that just the voices in my head screaming why woman why!!!). Every time I enter a wool shop I feel like a child at Christmas, like an elf in Santa's workshop I know what I can use every strand for. I started by knitting but could only ever make scarfs and even at best they were awful. I turned to the trusty old internet to show me the way. After a few knotted attempts I could make a granny square. The knowledge of the square turned in to a blanket, which turned in to a bag and so on until I found myself designing patterns to make monsters for all the children I know and few adults too.




Skip a few days, weeks and months and it leads us to today!
With my new blog ready to go here is what you can come to expect from me. A lot of waffling on about my love of yarn and crochet, my bad grammar (which I hopefully will improve), a guided tour of how my creations are made, plus you lucky ladies and gents I will treat to a free pattern every now and then.    

There will also be some information on how you can purchase one of my designs from Etsy and I will also help you design your own creations.  
 Wow lets get started.


With everything ready all that is left to do is get crocheting.


No comments:

Post a Comment