Followers

Monday 21 November 2016

Penelope the rabbit


Penelope the Rabbit




When first designing a soft toy my first port of call is talk to the children. After the million ideas they have given me and asking if it would be better in rainbow colours or even better if I could make the toy fly using magic yarn, I get some sense of what I am aiming to create.
I draw my design and pick the colour and then get crocheting. I tend to stick with basic stitches at first and see where it takes me. Adding details and different styles of stitches as I go. 

Depending on how much I am paying attention have to re start a few times just to make sure I get it right. So no listening to music that I want to dance to during this part of the process.

After I have made my design, I type up the pattern and then comes for me the difficult bit. giving it a name. This rabbit was named by someone else. Once a name is chosen a character is then formed. This particular rabbit was made from the Women's Institute range of yarn brought from Hobby craft, using a 3.25 hook (uk). approx. 100gms of yearn was used to make her.

It can be washed at 40 and put in the dryer on a low heat. It has small beads for eyes and a beany bottom to aid it sitting. It is 33cm tall.


If you are designing your own patterns I would suggest you write down as much information about what you are doing then when you come back to it at a later date all the information will be there. especially if you intend on selling your designs because people will want as much information as you can give them.
You can buy the pattern or the finished product at my ETSY store.
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/thehookgeek






No comments:

Post a Comment