Followers

Monday 6 February 2017

playing catchup




Hello readers, crocheters and fellow yarn addicts,



Last week I put my back out and wasn't able to do much work and not being able to crochet was quite stressful. I kept listing the things in my head that I wanted to crochet new projects to start and working projects to finish. Being a pattern designer I am often thinking of new projects and the time it takes to go from thinking of the new idea to putting the pattern up for sale is a lot longer than I ever thought. sometimes ..we actually a lot of the time I think of projects that are just out of reach. Or do I just need the courage to reach that bit further.




While I was unable to work I did mange to crochet a boys cowl for my best friends son. I do like using him as a new product tester. it came out quite well and I even managed to find some acorn buttons in my stash of buttons. It came up so well my son wants me to make one for him. (just another excuse to go to the wool shop really). I used Debbie bliss Aran for this cowl but for my sons one I am going to try a Debbie bliss chunky. using a new type of stitch I like how the pattern came out. The main reason I made this was because my friends son couldn't wear a scarf because he would pull on it and strangle himself, but we couldn't let him get a chilly neck, it did get me thinking of how many other mums have this problem with their babies.


This week while I'm trying to play catch up I will also be issuing a free pattern. now we all like one of those!! it will be for a rainbow heart garland.

No comments:

Post a Comment